Our Doctor Profile
Dr. Adel Aswad
- : Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (USA), Fellow of the Peripheral Endovascular Intervention (Germany)
- : Vascular Surgery
- : Consultant Vascular and Thoracic Surgeon
- : +97165058555
- Languages spoken
- : Arabic, English, German, Ukrainian
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (USA), Fellow of the Peripheral Endovascular Intervention (Germany), Fellow of the Aortic Aneurysm Endograft Repair (Germany), Member of the Royal College of Surgeons(UK), PhD in Cardiovascular Surgery
Dr. Adel completed his Iraqi Board for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery in 2003 after obtaining his basis medical education from University of Baghdad in 1993. He is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), UK and the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVR) in addition to being a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). Thanks to his efforts and passion to medical research, he recently obtained Fellowship of the Peripheral Endovascular Intervention in Kiel University, Germany and Fellowship of Aortic Aneurysm Endograft Repair also in Kiel University, Germany.
He is an active member in the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVR), Denmark where he participated in various conferences and training courses for surgeons. Huge scientific, medical and academic support was provided by this society in various vascular fields for all vascular surgeons in UAE.
Dr. Adel Aswad, a Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon with intensive experience in the treatment of vascular and thoracic diseases and surgical pathologies especially the management of vascular and thoracic emergencies. Before joining UHS as Vascular and Thoracic Surgeon, he has worked in a reputable government hospital in Sharjah for 11 years.
His clinical interest includes surgical and endovascular intervention for vascular access creation for hemodialysis unit including permanent catheterization and vascular direct autogenous/graft anastomosis for the same purpose. He has also a thorough experience in thoracic surgery includes diagnostic/therapeutic bronchoscopies.
Academically, he is at present a faculty member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in basic surgical skills training courses held at Surgical Training Centre of University of Sharjah and an Assistant Professor for Thoracic and Vascular Surgery in M. Gorky Donetsk Medical University in Ukraine.
In his efforts to promote vascular awareness, Dr. Adel participated in many conferences, courses and scientific symposia both locally and internationally. He also presented medical publications to international medical journals for surgical cases including removal of tumors and chest wall reconstruction.
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery including Rescue and Limb Rehabilitation
- Varicose Surgery and Lower Limb Venous Diseases
- Surgical Intervention and Endovascular Endograft for Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Surgical and Endovascular Intervention for Carotid Artery Stenosis/Occlusion
- Surgical Management and Interventions for Various Vascular Diseases
- Surgical and Endovascular Intervention for Vascular Access Creation for Hemodialysis
- Surgical and Endovascular Interventions for Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Diagnostic/Therapeutic Fiber Optic/Rigid Bronchoscopic Surgery