Our Doctor Profile
Dr Ahmed Abdelaziz Abdelaty Shorrab
- : Anesthesia
- : Senior Consultant Anaesthetist
- Total No. of Years of Experience
- : 25
- : +97165058555
- Languages spoken
- : Fluently bilingual English/Arabic.
- Anesthesia for thoracic surgery, trauma, orthopaedic and neurosurgery.
- Anesthesia for paediatric and neonatal surgery;
- Obstetric Anesthesia and analgesia
- Anesthesia for Head and neck surgery.
- Rapid recovery ambulatory Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia, neuroaxial blocks (spinal and epidural) for intra and post operative pain management.
- Difficult airway management; fiberoptic intubation
- Haemorrhagic Shock Therapy
- Peri-operative medicine
Dr. Shorrab is a Consultant anaesthetist with 25 years of experience in treating patients in all types of Anesthesia, including thoracic, ob/gyne, orthopaedics, paediatric, neonatal, trauma, neurology, plastic, vascular surgeries and in the ICU. In addition to his proficiency in all anaesthetic and intensive care skills, he is also experienced an all types of vascular access including porta cath insertion.
Dr. Shorrab has been practicing medicine since 1989 after graduating from Mansoura University in Egypt. He continued his post graduate work in Anaesthesiology and went on to complete his Master in Anaesthesiology and Surgical Intensive Care from the same university followed by the Doctorate degree in the same field through joint supervision from Mansoura University and London University (Guy’s Hospital), UK.
He is currently perusing Diploma of clinical medical nutrition from the European Society of Enteral and Parentral Nutrition (ESPEN) and a Master degree in Leadership Health Professions Education from RCSI and UoS.
He was been published in various national and internal medical journals and lead many training courses in management of difficult airways, vascular access and procedural sedation. He is also a peer reviewer for many international journals.
He is a professor of Anesthesia and intensive care in University of Mansoura, Egypt and in Faculty of medicine, Sharjah, UAE. He is member of Central Society of Egyptian Anesthesiologists, Egyptian and European Society of Enteral and Parentral Nutrition.