Our Doctor Profile
Dr Mohammed Atif Makdum
- : MBBS, Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology, Fellowship in Vitreo Retina
- : Ophthalmology
- : Senior Specialist Ophthalmologist and Vitreo Retinal Surgeon
- Total No. of Years of Experience
- : 18
- : +97165058555
- Languages spoken
- : Arabic, English and Hindi
Dr Mohammed Atif Makdum acquired his basic medical education from India and then pursued his Master’s Degree in Ophthalmic Surgery before acquiring his Fellowship Certificate in Vitreo-Retina Surgery.
Dr Atif is a Senior Specialist Ophthalmologist and Vitreo-Retina Surgeon with 18 years of extensive clinical experience. Before joining University Hospital Sharjah, Dr Atif was affiliated with various medical institutions in India and a government hospital in Dubai.
Academically, he lectured medical students in India and also hosted many local and international talks pertaining to his expertise.
- Ophthalmic Surgeries including ECCE, Manual SICS, Phacoemulsification, DCT, Pterygium Excision with Conjunctival Autograft, PRP (Single Spot Conventional/PASCAL), Macular Grid, Focal Laser, Prophylactic Laser, Intra Vitreal Injections, Scleral Buckling, Silicone Oil Removal, Pneumatic Retinopexy, PDT, Trans Scleral Cyclophotocoagulation, PARS Plana Vitrectomy
- Diagnostic Procedures including FFA, OCT (Stratus/Spectral OCT), B Scan ICG, Specular Microscopy.