Sharjah Breast Care Centre
In collaboration with a centre dedicated to the fight against Breast Cancer
Sharjah Breast Care Centre has a Threefold Mission
- Improve breast cancer prevention
- Favour early Detection & screening
- Provide state-of-the-art patients treatments
The "Sharjah Breast Care Centre" is the result of an agreement between Gustave Roussy Cancer Centre in Paris, Pink Caravan & University Hospital Sharjah, which were willing to instigate and develop a multidisciplinary “Breast Cancer Unit”. Its aims are to improve breast cancer prevention, favor early screening and improve patient’s outcome after treatment. The objectives of the Centre are:
- Fast diagnosis of the breast disease (benign or malignant)
- Development of a treatment pathway
- Breast cancer surgery, including oncoplastic (reconstructive and plastic surgery)
- The administration of chemotherapy, particularly in the out-patient setting
Sharjah Breast Care Centre is a comprehensive and integrative breast centre exclusively dedicated to the prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. It offers a full array of collaborative services, from initial screenings and diagnosis to innovative treatment and supportive counseling. Patients who have breast complaints will receive services ranging from diagnosis to state-of-the-art treatments related to benign breast conditions or breast cancer. We realize that each person is unique, so our personalized multidisciplinary team approach ensures that you will receive the care that is best for you.
The centre has a diverse team of healthcare professionals led by a breast surgeon and supported by a Medical Oncologist, a Breast Radiologist, Breast Care Specialist Nurses, Physician Assistants, Plastic Surgeons, Psychologists, Physical Therapists and others, as needed.
Physicians at Sharjah Breast Center also evaluate several other breast conditions, including:
- Abnormal mammograms and new or suspicious lumps
- Breast cancer risk assessment and family history of breast cancer
- Enlarged breasts (gynecomastia) in men
- Noncancerous (benign) breast disease, atypical, ductal and lobular hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
- Other breast problems such as changes in breast skin, nipple discharge, breast infection and breast pain
- Patient education on preventive measures
Sharjah Breast Cancer Physicians diagnose breast abnormalities and provide many services including:
- Breast cancer screening
- Mammography, ultrasound, MRI and imaging guided breast biopsy and other services
- Surgery, radiation therapy *, chemotherapy, hormone therapy and other treatments for breast cancer
- Breast cancer prevention counselling
- Genetic counselling for people who are at high risk for breast cancer
- Patient education and breast cancer awareness programs
* Services offered through our affiliate hospitals
One Stop Breast Cancer Solution
Expertise. A team of experienced professionals drawn from a variety of specialty areas provides comprehensive and personalized evaluation, with rapid diagnosis and treatment planning.
Advanced Technologies. The Breast Center offers state-of-the-art screening and diagnostic services.
Innovative Strategies. Innovative strategies make treatment as effective and comfortable as possible.
Latest approaches. Patients at the Sharjah Breast Center have access to the latest approaches to therapy as part of our collaboration with Gustave Roussy, the leading comprehensive cancer center in Europe.
Special Counselling. High-risk, preventive and genetic counselling is available.
Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Sharjah Breast Center is set up in collaboration with Gustave Roussy – the leading comprehensive cancer center in Europe, known for its multidisciplinary approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Comprehensive screening, rapid diagnosis and treatment for women with all types of conditions of the breast are available at the state-of-the-art facility, conveniently located on the ground floor, near the Emergency Department and easily accessible to the Medical Diagnostic Imaging and.
For more information on breast health or our comprehensive breast care services, please call the Breast Center at +971 6 505 8555. To schedule a mammogram, please call +971 6 505 8564
Sharjah Breast Center is part of the National Cancer Plan
In the United Arab Emirates, breast cancer is the most common cancer in women. It represents the second cause of women deaths, with a highest mortality in the 45 - 59 age groups.
Most of the cases are diagnosed at the late stages. The UAE is focused on the objective to reduce the incidence of cancer and cancer deaths by 60% by the year 2025.
Women should undergo regular screening in order to detect the disease at its earliest stage of development.
We recommend that all women above 40, or younger women with a family history of breast cancer should have regular screening.
Sharjah Breast center is a multidisciplinary center which proposes a coordinated patient pathway care for all breast diseases and at all stages
Women will develop breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. Breast Self-Examination helps you detect it early with a survival rate up to 98%. Go pink and be aware, check yourself now!
Presentation of the Patient Pathway Model
We provide a short-term, state of the art breast screening unit using clinical examination, mammogram and or ultrasound. High-risk women can be proposed specific screening programs as recommended in international guidelines.
We provide state of the art diagnostic technologies (imaging, pathology and biology).
Multidisciplinary decisions on patients treatments
In case of breast cancer diagnosis, our multidisciplinary team discusses together the best appropriate treatment course for each patient including:
- Surgery including oncoplastic and reconstructive plastic surgery, as well as sentinel node biopsy
- Medical treatments including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, antibodies, as required
- Radiation therapy
Breast Cancer Surgery
We perform all procedures of breast surgery including:
- Breast conservative surgery and sentinel lymph node dissection
- Oncoplastic surgery in order not to distort shape of breast
- Prosthetic or autologous breast reconstruction
- Correction of aesthetic and functional sequelae of breast surgery
We offer supportive care, to help patients going through their disease:
- Nutritional and endocrinological assessment
- Pain-Related Care
- Pain Management Care
- Psycho-Oncological Support
- Post-Operative Physiotherapy
- Education and Advices about treatment and its Side Effects
We conduct complete assessments and follow-up of breast cancer patients receiving medical treatments.
A centre dedicated to the fight against breast cancer
Short-term diagnostic and short treatment intervals
Time is a key element of success in cancer treatment. Our multidisciplinary team establishes an integrated and personalized treatment plan most of the times on the day or within a couple of days following diagnostic results.
We use a range of high tech equipments:
Latest Digital Mammogram Technology that can examine Breast Cancer Tissue and also Stereotactic Biopsy, Computed Tomography Scan, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
A patient centered care approach
All patients files are examined by the Breast Care Committee after Surgery to ensure a Multidisciplinary Approach and Personalized Care Plan.